The recipe of De Cecco angel hair pasta is tender noodles tossed in garlic, fresh herbs, olive oil, butter, and parmesan cheese. It is a healthy side dish to be served alongside a more nutritional main course. The delicious recipe is quick and easy to cook and is coated in a savory garlic and herb sauce, which goes perfectly with chicken, vegetables, or seafood. Let us dive deeper into the delightful recipe and some useful tips to make angel hair pasta at home:
1. Angel hair pasta: 8 ounces
2. Salt: as per taste
3. Extra virgin olive oil: ¼ cup
4. Finely chopped fresh herbs(rosemary, thyme, oregano): 2 tablespoons
5. Freshly chopped parsley: ¼ cup
6. Sliced garlic cloves: 3
7. Chili pepper flakes: ¼ teaspoon
8. Freshly ground black pepper: ½ to 1 teaspoon
9. Grated Parmesan cheese: ½ cup
1. Take a large pot, add water and salt to it and bring it to a boil. (1 tablespoon of salt for every 2 quarts of water)
2. Take a small saucepan and pour some olive oil to heat on medium flame. Now add sliced garlic, chili pepper flakes, finely chopped herbs, and chopped parsley to the saucepan.
3. Let all the ingredients in the saucepan cook for at least 1 minute or until garlic becomes golden brown and starts emitting a strong fragrance. Turn off the flame.
4. Take a large pot, add water, and bring it to a boil. Now add angel hair pasta. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until al dente.
5. Take out 1 cup of pasta, cooking water, and drain the rest.
6. Rinse the pasta briefly with cold water but not too much(it should still be a little warm).
7. Take a large bowl and add cooked angel hair pasta in it. Now start adding herbed garlic sauce over the pasta and toss everything gently to combine correctly.
8. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and freshly ground pepper on top and toss gently to combine.
9. Grate more parmesan cheese on top and serve !!
10. Enjoy the delightful and fresh angel hair pasta!
Add back a little of the pasta cooking water to loosen.
Tips to prepare a perfect Angel Hair Pasta
1. Do not let the pasta to overcook, otherwise, it will become mushy.
2. Add a little pasta cooking water to loosen up if the Pasta starts to stick.
3. More fresh herbs that you can add are parsley, dill, basil, chives, or thyme to make the recipe look, taste, and smell flavourful.
4. If you are out of fresh herbs, replace them with dried Italian seasoning.
5. Serve the recipe immediately before to taste the delightful parmesan cheese melting over the pasta.
6. If you are diet conscious, replace butter with olive oil.
7. You can also top the pasta with diced tomatoes along with parmesan cheese and serve hot.